Try this innovative recipe to create your own delicious vegetarian friendly chilli!
- 1 pkg Souptacular Peas & Barley
- 1 pkg PC Bluemenu Vegetarian Ground Round
- 2 cubes of Knorr vegetable broth
- 6 tbsp McCormick Less Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water (to fry veggie ground)
- 1 can refried beans with green chiles
- Cook soup using the 2 cubes of vegetable broth instead of just water (10cups).
- Cook soup for 1 1/2 hrs.
- While soup is cooking, fry the vegetable ground round in a separate frying pan with the olive oil, water, and taco seasoning until browned.
- When soup has cooked, whisk in the can of refried beans into your soup and then add the taco mixture. Simmer together for another 1/2 hour.
Hint: Add 1 package of garlic naan bread for dipping. 🙂