At Souptacular, we care about the health benefits of lentils. We think lentils are some of the most beautiful, nutritious products of Canada, and we are proud to share them with you!
You can find lentils in some of our most popular flavours, including:
In fact, MOST of our flavours have at least SOME lentils included! You will find lentils in Tandoori Hot Pot, Christmas Spirit, and Traditional Bean as well.
Want to know more about lentils? Here are some #lentilfacts you might be excited enough to tweet about:
- There are more than 12 varieties of lentils. We have tried them all, and prefer the quality of Saskatchewan grown lentils!
- Canada is the leading exporter of lentils. India is the leading importer.
- Lentils are an excellent source of iron and folate, and a good source of riboflavin.
- Lentils are primarily a dietary carbohydrate, but also provide a source of protein.
- Lentils are high in dietary fibre.
- Research shows that incorporating lentils into your diet may help alleviate the development of cardiovascular disease, obesity and diabetes.
If you haven’t eaten lentils all your life, and you are just starting now: soaking your lentils over night can help with digestion and flatulence.
Have you experienced health benefits from lentils? Let us know your story, and share your favourite recipe with other Soup-er fans!
(Some of the above information can be confirmed in this source.)