Are your kids heading to summer school and or camp this week? Our son is on his way today, to Rocky Mountain House for the week! Luckily they prepare your food at this camp, but if they didn’t, I would be sneaking in a couple packages of Souptacular for the crew!
Pasta & Grains is another hit in the summer, because it only takes 10-15 minutes to cook! It includes a kick of healthy grains included for extra (hiking) energy!
Heres an interesting tip from one of our avid hiker friends, who uses Souptacular often…..
Pasta & Grains On The Trail
- When Using a portable bunsen burner, bring your water to a light boil.
- Add Souptaculars Pasta soup mix and stir.
- Put a tight lid on the pot and lightly boil for 8-10 minutes. Conserving butane/propane is important on trips in the back country.
- Turn off burner and let sit for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Your soup will continue to cook without wasting addition butane or propane.
- Do not lift the lid until time is up and you are ready to dig in!
Yields enough for 4 people!
Lunch or dinner is served!
Wherever your summer takes you enjoy Souptacular, family, and a bit of a break!