Why I love Souptacular so much!
We just got this awesome vegan recipe and testimonial from Kirsten R, and we wanted to share this with our soup-er fans. We know you are all health conscious, especially at this time of year, so this tip is great! Especially if you are planning to make a change to vegan, or adjust your diet in that direction, it’s nice to know that Souptacular fits in effortlessly. Here are Kirsten’s comments:
I have been eating your soups for over 3 years now and it is regularly stocked in my house (I have it like 2 times a month).
A year ago I went vegan…. and a lot of my food items changed drastically. BUT I could keep my Souptacular soups, and I am so happy about it.
I love your soup, and this is my favourite way to eat it! 🙂
Vegan Autumn Harvest Soup
- 1 package of Autumn Harvest soup
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 8 1/2 cups of vegetable broth (add more if you like your soup with more liquid. I prefer mine thick and chunky)
- Franks Hot Sauce (to taste)
- Sauté leeks on high in water or oil until soft. Add carrots and celery and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add in package of soup and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and bring back to a boil.
- Boil for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are soft and soup is thickened.
- Serve with Franks Hot Sauce on top with nutritional yeast.
- Bon appetite!
Thank you Kirsten! We wish you all the best with your diet and in the New Year.
Souptacular New Locations!
To help you with your New Year’s resolutions, we are adding new stores that carry Souptacular soups! You can now find our soups in North Central Co-op stores at these locations:
Mill Woods Town Centre Mall
2331 66 Street Northwest Edmonton
18370 Lessard Road Northwest Edmonton